Thursday 20 January 2011

Fundraising from a supporter's point of view


We often have supporters fundraise on our behalf as they undertake a challenge or sporting event. Assaf came to us with his story and we wanted to share it with you. It is a lovely thing that have such supportive... supporters! I guess that's why we call them that, eh?

Take it away, Assaf:

My dog is a Border-Collie / Great Dane Cross, saved from a rescue shelter when he was 6 months old. In the 7 years since, I’ve regularly donated to the shelter, and after relocating to the UK, I wanted to do the same for a local shelter. When I heard about the London to Paris challenge, I knew I wanted to raise money for a dog charity and I chose the Dogs Trust. This event embodies two passions of mine: helping stop animal abuse and cycling.

During the months of training, I found raising donations for the Dogs Trust to be the hardest part of getting ready. Sadly the horror stories we read in the papers almost every day are not enough to push people to help. Not a lot of people understand how big an impact a dog can have on a family’s life. Caring for a dog is just like adopting a child only it’s four-legged, furry and licks instead of kisses.

This is where the Dogs Trust comes in, to help these lost children find a safe and happy home, and this is why I decided to dedicate this ride to this cause.

Please help by sponsoring me at: www.justgiving.com/assaf-flatto. Or just read up on my progress at: http://blog.flatto.net/.

Good luck, Assaf!

No comments: