Monday 21 April 2008

Hound Dog: what are your favourite songs inspired by animals?

I spend much of my day looking around the Internet for interesting animal stories to blog about here and on our community site, DoggySnaps. This morning I'd already written about a dog being added to the electoral register when I came across this Petsugar post.

It got me thinking about music all about animals. It turns out that there are a lot more songs than the obvious few (such as the Elvis number in the title!) that are inspired by our furry, four-footed friends.

That site asked readers to comment about their favourite dog songs, and I think that would be a great idea here, too. I'm also going to go one step further and see if anyone has actually written any songs about their pet pals? This is partly inspired by a poem about Guide Dogs that found its way to the DoggySnaps forums and got a great response.

I took a look around YouTube to find some popular dog tunes and found the number embedded below. The Dog Song by Nellie McKay is all about rehoming a lost pooch and finding friendship with your new pet. Works for me!

No comments: