Friday 26 June 2009

Dog of the Week: Buster @ West Calder

Introducing... Buster!

There are so many deserving dogs of the week, that blog editor Alex had to ask our Twitter followers which one she should choose! @jrJuliejr chose me because her kids 'love my smile' and she enjoyed visiting me recently! Thanks, Julie.

Age: 10

Breed: Large Crossbreed

Likes and Dislikes: I'm a friendly, eager fellow who is a great favourite with walkers and volunteers who reward me with the biscuits I love! I'm housetrained and not destructive, but I do get a little anxious being left for long, so I'd need some work on that once I was securely settled in.

My favourite thing is getting off the lead to play football or dog tug-of-war! Don't be fooled by my age - there's plenty of life and enthusiasm in this slightly-older dog yet.

I'm fine with kids, but not cats. I'm sociable and happy to share my kennel with both male and female dogs.

Needs: I was well cared for in my last home, but developed a very strong bond with my owner to the point that I have a few anxieties and nervous behaviours. My carers say my new owner needs to be experienced and confident to help me get along and gently work on my fears without accidentally reinforcing them.

Contact: Call Dogs Trust West Calder on 01506 873459 or look online for more of my friends who need homes.

No comments: