Wednesday 1 October 2008

Meet Dogs Trust's Dogs: Megan


Thanks to a busy week at HQ, our weekly profiles have got muddled about a bit, so I'm swapping introducing you to a person with introducing you to a dog this Wednesday. And what a dog! Megan is a relatively new addition to education officer Natalie's household, joining her two other dogs. Together, Natalie and her four-footed accomplices travel around schools teaching tomorrow's dog owners about responsible ownership. Here's Megan in her own words:

Name: Megan Dexter

Breed: Patterdale Terrier

Colour: Mostly black all over with a white chest (this supposedly means I’ve been ‘kissed by an angel’)

Age: 5 (ish)

Who's your favourite two-legged friend at Dogs Trust? My new owner, Natalie (London Education Officer) because I get to go to schools with her and I love being stroked by all the pupils!

Who's your favourite four-legged friend at Dogs Trust? Ooh I couldn’t possibly choose! Though, I do love my new brother Ealy and sister Belle. They’re Patterdale Terriers too! We have so much fun together-I feel like I’m part of a real family for the first time in my life.

What's your favourite toy? I don’t do toys, I’m far too clever for those sorts of things. I much prefer finding a lovely spot of sunshine and basking in that for a while!

What's your favourite treat? Where do I start? Having lived on the streets, I’ll eat almost anything going! I really like dental sticks as they keep my teeth in tip top condition. Plus nobody likes dog breath!

What do you dream about? Fields, rabbits, woods, rabbits, fields, rabbits…you get the picture!

Where's the best place to take a walk? I used to like the woods because of all the smells but nowadays I like walking along the canal and seeing the ducks.

What are you favourite activities? I’m partial to a spot of chasing my brother and sister around the house. I like to pretend their rabbits or birds! I go absolutely bananas if my owner allows me to go upstairs because that usually means I’m allowed on the big bed for a snooze!

What's the one thing you can't stand? I’m pretty easy going but I can’t stand it when children don’t ask my owner’s permission to stroke me. That’s very rude!

What do your humans like best about you? Probably my big beautiful eyes and my crazy legs dance! I do that when they say the word ‘walkies’.

How did you meet your humans? I have to admit I’ve lived a difficult life, that was until I met Natalie at Dogs Trust. She was just finishing work for the day when she spotted me and instantly fell in love. It wasn’t long before she took me home and the rest, as they say, is history!

If you're a teacher interested in hosting a workshop with Natalie or a student who wants to learn more about dogs, you can find out more on our website.

No comments: