Monday 28 September 2009

Dog-themed glassware for the devoted dog lover

Although most of the dog-themed kit you see on these pages is in some way related to Dogs Trust, I do also come across completely unrelated dog-themed stuff in my trawls around the Internet looking for fun or interesting dog news to update you all on.

This is one of those times.

I've seen all sorts of doggy kitchenalia, but I think this is the first time I've come across dog themed glassware, and it did elicit a chuckle or two.

Because I have to have a 'story' behind everything, I immediately decided the swimming dogs on the glasses were Labradors; a little stereotypical, I know, but forgive me.

Then I thought that the decanter dog should be a breed that exudes graceful Englishness, and speaks of stately homes and luxury. No surprise that a Greyhound sprung to mind - and then I looked closer and realised the actual dog etched on the glass isn't a sighthound at all. Sigh.

Anyway, there you are - I thought I should take a couple of minutes to show you the kind of thing you happen across when you spend all day working online. Back to more relevant news tomorrow...

If anyone is actually interested in getting these, by the way, follow the attribution link below for more information.

[via SuperCoolPets]

No comments: