Wednesday 24 September 2008

Meet Dogs Trust: Vicky Kelly


Name: Vicky Kelly

Location: Dogs Trust Glasgow Rehoming Centre

Job: Supporter Relations Officer

You what...? I talk constantly about Dogs Trust, at least I’m sure that’s how it must seem!
I attend events, speak at community groups and organise events at the centre to promote the work of Dogs Trust.

Best thing about my job: Listening to people’s stories of the canine companions they have shared their lives with and seeing long term residents leave the rehoming centre with their new families.

Pets & Family: I have my rescue dog Toffee who hides her age very well. She has lived with my husband, Martin and I for over 12 years. Goodness knows what she thought when my two daughters arrived however she has always been a superb four-legged play friend.

Favourite websites: Without doubt Facebook! I have friends and family all over the world and it’s a great way to share photos and keep in touch.

What I'm reading now: Other than my friends status updates on Facebook and Oxford Reading Tree stage 5 (my daughters school book) I don’t make enough time to read. I do however enjoy books by Bear Grylls and Dame Ellen MacArthur as I am an adventurer at heart!

Weekend plans: Absolutely none what so ever! This is most unusual. Perhaps I’ll get chance to pick up a book?

Previous Meet Dogs Trust: (Pirate) Brian Child | Alexandra Roumbas

Image credit: Stuart Dreghorn

No comments: