Wednesday 20 August 2008

Meet Dogs Trust: Hollie Sevenoaks (and Sadie)













Last week, you met web guru Jacqui Darlow! This week it's the turn of our campaigns and education crew to get a look in...

Name: Hollie Sevenoaks

Location: Dogs Trust HQ, London

Job: Campaigns & Education Manager

You what...? I manage a team of eight regionally based Education Officers, who visit schools to provide free workshops promoting the message of responsible dog ownership. I also manage a wide variety of projects as required by the Head of Campaigns. My role at Dogs Trust is always evolving and interesting, which is why I have been here ten years now!

Best thing about my job: The people that I work with and the fact that I get to bring my beloved four-legged friend, Sadie, to work with me.

Pets: I have just the one dog, Sadie, who is aged 15 but she's still young at heart. Sadie loves coming to Dogs Trust HQ and being fussed over by my colleagues.

Favourite websites: I love Facebook, who doesn't?! Also a fan of going to shows at the theatre, so lastminute.com helps me feed this rather expensive addiction!

What I'm reading now: I have just finished Marley and Me by John Grogan. It is a touching and humourous true tale of a man's relationship with his dog, Marley, from puppyhood to old age. It's one of those rare books that can make you laugh out loud and then cry the next minute.

Weekend plans: Sadie is currently undertaking a course of hydrotherapy to help ease her arthritis, so I'll be taking her to treatment this weekend as well as meeting up with friends for a good old chinwag and a curry!

No comments: