Friday 6 March 2009

Dog of the Week: Robbie @ Dogs Trust West Calder


Introducing... Robbie!

Age: 2

Breed: Crossbreed

Likes: I had a pretty rough start in life, being alternately mistreated and neglected, so my favourite thing is being treated really gently and lovingly. Once you've gained my trust, my favourite thing is curling up on your lap and getting a lovely cuddle! Long walks and fetch / tug games are also high on my list of fun things to do. I'm currently living with a foster family and getting on well with them and their three friendly dogs, and I'm gaining confidence gradually.

Dislikes: I find it hard to trust people, and men in particular, though I've come a long way in the foster programme, Home from Home.

Needs: I'll need patient adult owners, preferably who don't have any other pets although I could benefit from a calm, older female who'll help me keep making progress. I'm very clean in the house but couldn't be left alone much. Dogs Trust have said they'll be there to help my new owners every step of the way, and they know from experience that when I feel happier I'm the most playful and affectionate friend you could have.

Contact: Call Dogs Trust West Calder on 01506 873459 or see more dogs seeking homes online.

Previous Dog(s) of the Week: Carna @ Dogs Trust Snetterton | Cloud @ Dogs Trust Bridgend

1 comment:

Teddy McDoodle said...

Robbie looks lovely! I can't help as we have a house full but I hope he finds the home he deserves soon.